Health & Safety
The period of lock down during the COVID 19 epidemic gave us the opportunity to look at Relais Villa Olmo with different eyes.
We wondered if we would choose this property to spend our next holiday or weekend with our partner, children, parents, grandchildren or with those dear friends we had to keep “at a distance from” for a long time.
The answer was: Relais Villa Olmo has a great many strong points!
- It is located in the countryside and therefore benefits of may outdoor areas to enjoy and share time with friends even if they are not part of your family.
- It comprises few rooms. Which means a maximum of 40 guests at a time, always pampered by our staff.
- It is located on the premises of an ancient 15th century hamlet restored and restyled to perfection, therefore access to each accommodation unit corresponds to the entrances of the ancient houses; you don’t need to go through corridors, hallways or crowded lounges and this guarantees the total exclusivity of the environments of each room.
- Every services offered by Relais Villa Olmo are managed internally: this means that each member of the staff is trained and fully supported by the management to ensure high quality service and a common knowledge of new regulations adopted (with particular attention to the new WHO directives). This brings forth another vital aspect: there is no heavy staff turnover; welcomed and taken care of by a family-like team, each guest can be sure to enjoy a safe and healthy stay in a friendly and secure environment.
- Our Restaurant has always hosted a limited number of tables inside the glass dehor to allow enjoy each guest to enjoy the best culinary experience in an intimate ambience, so we didn’t need to make any changes, nor remove many tables; plus, we have a beautiful garden perfect for alfresco lunches or dinners surrounded by wholesome breezes of the tuscan countryside outside.
In addition to the above we are working daily on health and safety procedures to ensure the highest safety standards for our guests and the people who work with us, therefore here are some of the main measures adopted from June 2020
- Air conditioning: the frequency of sanitization of air conditioner filters in common areas and rooms has been intensified, in particular the room systems are sanitized at every check-in.
- Safety devices: safety devices such as masks and sanitizing gel are available to all guests and contact staff
- Dispenser: in every area of the hotel are available to customers and employees to dispense disinfectant gel.
- Electronic check in: pre – registration of documents and privacy card to be free from the stress of exchanging of personal documents and credit cards
- Video Chat: For guests who prefer total privacy, we have activated the possibility of messages and Video Chat with the Reception personnel via guests’ mobile phones, in order to reduce the use of the phone in the room at once guarantee attentive service and an easy relationship with our staff.
- Pool entrance: upon reservation sunbeds and umbrella will be assigned inbooked guests’ exclusive use. Reservations are required to allow us to guarantee spaces in total safety to all our guests.
- Room Service free of charge: to pamper our for guests who prefer total privacy we now provide room service at no extra charge.
- Tastings and wine workshops held in our Winery: will be organized only in private form per each family unit. Our sommelier will wear the necessary protective equipment (mask and gloves), so guests can enjoy the experience in the cellar in complete freedom and safety.
In addition to the above mentioned notes we have intensified the sanitation procedures, with particular attention to touch items, following the regulations of the Italian Government and Region of Tuscany.
Information for pool Guests
Relais Villa Olmo informs Guests using the pool about current regulations by publishing them on the official website and affixing a complete information sheet at the entrance of the pool area.
Current national regulations:
- Events, parties and happenings are forbidden
- Reservations are mandatory to access the pool. Our staff will keep a record of accesses for 14 days
- All spaces are organized in order to guarantee social distancing of 1 mt or more
- The changing rooms are in exclusive use of guests and will be cleaned and disinfected every day
- All clothes and personal belongings must be placed inside each guest’s personal bag
- Sanitary products will be available for the guests by the pool area
- The maximum capacity of the solarium area is 20 guests at a time, so as to guarantee 7 sqm surface per person. The maximum capacity of the swimming pool is 10 people at a time so as to guarantee 7 sqm of water surface per person
- All pool equipment (sunbeds, umbrellas) is arranged so as to guarantee the social distancing of at least 1,5 mts between different families/groups
- Guests are kindly requested to take a shower with soap before entering the pool.
- Spitting, blowing your nose, peeing inside the water is strictly forbidden
- The equipment (sunbeds, tables) will be disinfected upon the arrival of each new guest. In any case disinfection will take place at the end or beginning of each day.
- Please be sure to avoid using objects and linens promiscuously: guests are kindly requested to access the pool area with all their own personal necessary equipment
- Parents are kindly requested to supervise their children in respect of the social distancing and hygiene rules
Thank you for your cooperation!