Health & Safety
During the period of lock down due to the COVID 19 epidemic, we had the opportunity to see Relais Villa Olmo with different eyes.
We wondered if we would choose this structure to spend our next holiday or weekend with our partner, children, parents, grandchildren or with those dear friends, we had to keep the distance for a long time.
The answer was: Relais Villa Olmo already has many strengths!
- It is located in the countryside and therefore benefits of may outdoor areas to enjoy and share the days with friends even if they are not part of our family.
- It is composed of a few rooms. This means a maximum of 40 guests to be always pampered by the staff.
- It is located on the premises of an ancient 15th century hamlet restored and restyled to perfection, therefore every access to each accommodation unit corresponds to the entrances of the ancient houses; you won’t pass through corridors or crowded lounges and this guarantees the total exclusivity of the environments of each room.
- Every services offered by Relais Villa Olmo are managed internally: this means that each member of the staff is trained and supported in the same way to ensure a high service and a common knowledge of each new regulations adopted (with particular attention to the new WHO directives). This also encloses another fundamental aspect: there is no heavy staff turnover and therefore the guest feels to be welcomed and followed by a large family, and to stay in a safe and friendly place for himself and fellow travelers.
- Our Restaurant has always hosted a few tables inside the glass dehor to let enjoy each guest the best culinary experience in an intimate atmosphere, so it wasn’t necessary to remove many tables from the previous plan, and last but not least we have a beautiful garden to have lunch or dinner outside.
We are then working daily on health and safety procedures to ensure the highest safety standards for our guests and the people who work with us, therefore here are some of the main measures adopted from June 2020
- Air conditioning: the frequency of sanitization of air conditioner filters in common areas and rooms has been intensified, in particular the room systems are sanitized at every check-in.
- Safety devices: safety devices such as masks and sanitising gel are available to all guests and contact staff
- Dispenser: in every area of the hotel are available to customers and employees to dispense disinfectant gel.
- Electronic check in: pre – registration of documents and privacy card to feel free from the stress of exchange of documents and credit cards
- Video Chat: For guests who prefer to stay in total privacy, we have activated the possibility of messages and Video Chat with the Reception through your mobile, in order to reduce the use of the phone in the room, without losing the relationship between staff and guest.
- Pool entrance: upon reservation sunbeds and umbrella for exclusive use. The reservation is required to guarantee spaces in total safety to all our guests.
- Room Service: For guests who prefer to stay in total privacy, we have activated the room service at no extra charge.
- Tastings and wine workshops held in our Winery: will be organized only in private form per family unit. Our sommelier will wear the necessary protective equipment (mask and gloves), so guests can live the experience in the cellar in complete freedom and safety.
In addition to the above mentioned notes we have intensified the sanitation procedures, with particular attention to touch articles, following the regulations of the Italian Government and Tuscany Region